Tuesday 30 April 2013

❤My Final Major Project❤

Everything is back to normal now! I'm back at college and has finally started my collection in my final fabric❤

Everything was going so well until my zip made a massive boo boo, I had to spend my WHOLE Friday's session unpicking my zip because my zip would not go up the waist! It's really horrible, and when it goes up... THIS happens!!
 
Thanks to my tutor Katie, everything is alright now! Even though it's not 100% perfect, but it's so much better then having a massive gap on the waist!
 
I've always dream of working in BTSSB or Angelic Pretty, working for something I love and being able to dress in lolita when I go to work. But when I started going to college doing fashion design, I've begin to lose interest in the whole fashion design business. I've always thought of fashion design as a hobby but since starting the course, fashion is nothing like I thought it was going to be. There are deadlines, critiques, and a whole bunch of paper work! And the amount of time I had thought of giving up because of the stress... As much as I love fashion and making lolita dresses, I really don't think I want to work in the fashion industry. I want to keep doing what I'm doing as a hobby, because I know I will lose interest in it if I do this as a career and have to do something in order to get me food and living!
But there are still so many things for me to learn and skills I need to develope,  pattern cutting and manufacturing etc. So I will keep going in order to be 100% in what I want to do~
Anyway, I'm still a child and I'm going to do what I need and want to for now!❤
Here's a sneak peek of my Outfit1 for my lolita collection: 
This is my petticoat which took me about 15 metres of netting create the amount of flare I wanted!❤
And Taa Daa~❤
And here's the dress for my lolita collection. The bow on the front is only pinned on so it's a bit off centre! The felt sweets on the bottom is also pinned on just so I could see how many I need. And I still have to attach the sleeves!❤ I'm so happy with something I've designed for the first time! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment